Referral Process for HealthCare Professionals and Caregivers
SeniorLIFE Johnstown receives referrals from a variety of sources. These generally include caregivers, family, primary care physicians, home health agencies, senior housing centers, and Area Agencies on Aging. If you are interested in making a referral to SeniorLIFE, call 1-877-998-LIFE and ask to speak to the Outreach Coordinator.
- SeniorLIFE will call your patient or client and/or a family member to explain our services, assess for eligibility, and set up an appointment time for a home visit.
- The prospective member's primary care physician will provide a written referral for a Level of Care (LOC) assessment from the Area Agency on Aging.
- During the home visit, the intake coordinator will explain the program in depth and provide written materials about SeniorLIFE Johnstown services and benefits.
- If your patient or loved one is interested in visiting our Johnstown LIFE Center, SeniorLIFE will provide round trip transportation for your patient and their family or caregiver.
- The social visit will consist of a tour of the facility, lunch, and meeting the Johnstown SeniorLIFE staff including the medical team. Your patient or loved one will be able to ask questions and get a better understanding of SeniorLIFE.